Contest Terms & Conditions
Cedarlane Solutions Canada LTD.
Updated January 2018
These conditions (hereinafter the “Terms and Conditions Promotions”) apply to promotional activities organized by Cedarlane Solutions Canada LTD. (hereinafter “Provider”). By participating in the Provider’s promotions, the participant agrees to the following Terms and Conditions Promotions.
- Twice throughout the 2019 calendar year, Cedarlane Solutions Canada will select two prize winners via random draw. A $2,000 CAD Grand Prize winner and a $500 Runner Up winner. The prize values will be awarded via the application BlinkSky (https://blinksky.com/) whereby the winners can choose and personalize their reward format.
- Draw dates will be at the discretion of Cedarlane Solutions Canada, depending on volume of entries, but in general the draws will be scheduled as follows:
- June 30
- December 31
- Draw winners will be announced within 30 days of draw dates. Only draw Grand Prize and Runner Up winners will be contacted.
- Draw entry will be limited to one entry per person.
- Excluded from participation are staff and relatives of the Provider (including its subsidiaries) and cohabiting partners or family of the employees.
- Contest is only open to Canadian residents, excluding Quebec residents.
- Winners are required to successfully answer a skill testing question.
- No purchase required.
- The participant is obliged to provide accurate, current, and complete information when participating in the promotion. The Provider may request a winner, before presenting the prize, to provide proof of their identity and residence information previously provided by the participant.
- The decision of The Provider is final and no correspondence will be entered regarding results and the awarding of the prize.
- The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable, or payable in cash or other products or services. In case of refusal or non-acceptance of the prize or conditions that are inherent to the promotion, the prize will not be awarded. In that case, the Provider is entitled to choose another winner.
- The prize is awarded in its current state. The Provider is not responsible for any visible or hidden defects in the prize nor for any damage during delivery (shipping) of the prize.
- The handling of the delivery of the prize is arranged by the Provider, advertiser/sponsor or another appointed third party. In this last case, the Provider is not responsible for the delivery of the prize. In that case, the date of delivery of the prize will be determined in consultation with the supplier of the prize.
- The Provider is not responsible for any defects caused by delivery or shipping companies (e.g. delays, strikes, damage, or loss) with respect to the delivery of the prize. When the winner, or a roommate, co-inhabitant, or neighbor, can’t receive the prize, the winner will pick up the prize later on (e.g. post office, etc.). The Provider shall not be held liable if the prize is not collected or received by the winner or collected by an unauthorized person, even when the delivery or shipping company has not left any notification or notice in any form.
- The winner can claim the prize up to two months after being contacted by Cedarlane Solutions. After this period, entitlement to the prize automatically expires and Cedarlane Solutions may award a new contest winner at its discretion.
- The winner of the prize gives the Provider permission to use, free of charge, any received personal data, any photos or any contributions linked to the promotion to be used in promotional activities relating to the promotion and in relation to the announcement of the winner through all media, including radio, television, and internet.
- At the request of the Provider, the winner(s) of the prize will cooperate in promotional activities of the Provider to the extent that can be reasonably expected of them, including publicity regarding the announcements of the winner(s) across all media including radio, television, and the internet. For cooperating with these promotional activities no financial compensation will be paid.
- The participant consents to the processing of personal data about participation in the promotion. The Provider may add the personal information to its database, which is confidential and will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Personal information may be used to execute the promotion and the award ceremony. In this context, the Provider is entitled to provide personal data to third parties involved in the relevant promotion (including suppliers, advertisers, sponsors and/or producers). Moreover, the participant gives permission to the Provider to keep him/her informed of the products and/or services of the Provider.
- Use of the awarded prize is at the expense and risk of the winner. The Provider can not be held liable for use of the prize by the winner.
- The Provider is in no way responsible for any damages arising from participation in the promotion or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or delays with respect to participation in the promotion or the appointment of the winner.
- The Provider is in no way responsible for any problems or defects arising from the use of the Website and/or downloading any components whatsoever in relation to the promotion.
- The Provider has the right to disqualify participants if he believes that the participants are not acting in conformity with the Terms and Conditions Promotions or if the participant is otherwise fraudulently accessing the promotion or unfairly influencing the course of the promotion.
- The Provider is entitled to, at its discretion and without notice, change, or modify these terms and conditions specific to the promotions for the duration of the contest and without giving a reason to discontinue, modify or adapt the promotion for reasons of its own without any obligation to compensate any damages on behalf of the participant. Any changes or adaptations within the promotion, will be made public in an appropriate manner (e.g. via its website).
- If one or more conditions of the terms and conditions promotions are void or invalid, this will not affect the validity of the remaining conditions of the Terms and Conditions Promotions.